Founded in 1847, the American Medical Association has a long history of advocating for physicians and advancing medicine in the United States. Today, more than 250,000 physicians are AMA members, all hailing from a cross-section of medical specialties. Todd Unger, the AMA’s Chief Experience Officer and SVP of Physician Engagement, is leading a massive digital transformation to expand the AMA’s membership and support its mission. Unger joins the podcast to talk about the ways the AMA is changing how it interacts with its members — adopting a new content strategy and creating a more human brand.
Listen to this podcast episode to learn:
• What is the AMA, who is its audience, and what is its mission
• How the AMA is transitioning from a “membership” experience to a “subscription-based” experience
• How a lunch with a physician changed sparked Unger’s “ah ha” moment
• How the House of Delegates shapes the AMA’s unifying voice
• The problem of burnout and other obstacles physicians face in getting to patient outcomes
• Lessons from building a member experience infrastructure from the ground up